The first quarter has been very busy and productive so far. We fulfilled our first major order (the creation of a dessert table for a wedding). The wedding booking was a great learning experience and I was able to develop a lot of skills along the way (checkout my Instagram for pictures). There are many exciting times ahead with more clients order to be fulfilled into the summer.
Here is a quick recipe I came up with 2 weeks ago whilst entertaining family. It is very easy but delicate.
- 100g. Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 100g. Butter (cubed)
- ½tsp.Vanilla extract
- 50g. Flour
- 150g Sugar (75g. golden caster sugar; 75g. Dark brown sugar)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and prep your moulds (brush with butter and dust with cocoa powder. This helps to
- Place butter and dark chocolate in an heatproof bowl, and set over a pan of hot water. ()you can
- Once the chocolate and butter is melted, allow it to cool slightly for 10-15mins
- Using a hand whisk, mix in all your ingredients; starting with sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and flour
- Divide the mixture into 6 tins; place it in the fridge util you are ready to bake
- Bake for exactly 11mins
- In order to remove it, run a knife around the edge of each tin and turn over on a saucer.
- Take timings seriously – If you go over the 11min mark, you won’t get the sauce flowing out and it will be over cooked.
- The mixture can be frozen for up to a week. you will need to change your baking time to 16mins, if you will be baking directly from the freezer .