Welcome to 2019 Guys 🙂
Hope the year has been productive so far (smashing goals and reaching new heights). Thank you for bearing with me through my long hiatus/ New-Born Haze. This new mama needed sometime love on her son and adjust to the new responsibility. Check out my My last blog post for details about our son ‘Oludotun’.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ll notice that i have started working on a number of recipes. We’ll start my first blog for the year with a simple three ingredients dessert – Lemon Posset. As it is citrus season, I plan on taking full advantage of various citrus fruits (lemon being on of my favourite). As always, let me know if you have any suggestions or recipes you’d like to see on the blog and I’ll do my best work on them.
Possets are one of the easiest and quickest British pudding. A Lemon Posset is rich but the citrus tang makes really refreshing.
Here are a few things to note when making this dessert:
- Remove the lemon zest before juicing
- To maximise the juice extracted from the lemon. Place the zested lemon in a bowl of hot water and let it sit for 15-20mins before juicing
- The cream boils very quickly so, constantly stir and make sure it has your full attention.
- This can be made ahead of time – it lasts in the fridge for a 2-3 days. Also, it freezes very well so it is suitable for the busy folks.
Delicious, Creamy and Simple dessert, with only three ingredients
- 150ml. Double Cream
- 50g. Caster Sugar
- 1. Lemon (zest&juice)
Let’s get started:-
- Remove zests from the lemon and de-seed the lemon for some juice.
- Pour the cream and sugar in a saucepan, stir to dissolve the sugar and bring to boil.
- Remove from the fire and let it simmer without stirring for 3 mins
- Whisk zest and lemon juice into the cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into two glasses and chill for 4 hours to set.
This can be served with fresh berries, a berry jelly or biscuits for an additional texture