Welcome to March Guys!
I know it’s been a while but, I have been working in the background mainly writing new recipes and thinking of ways to make ‘Mobakes’ more useful and accessible for you guys. A sneak peak of some recipes can be found on my Instagram page (click on this link if you’re not an Insta follower). At the beginning of the year, I asked you to leave comments/thoughts on recipe ideas. These suggestion will be the focus for the blog this month (Other suggestions not covered, have been added to plans for the coming months). This will be kicked off with – Churros Pancakes (Thanks Wunms, for the lovely suggestions)
Churros Pancakes is a fusion of ‘Churros’ (a Spanish fried-dough pastry) and a good old ‘American’ style pancakes. The hot butter on the pancakes allows the cinnamon and sugar to seep into the pancakes, a drizzle of chocolate sauce makes this a marriage of divine flavour. If you are not a chocolate lover like my husband, then you can try this with strawberries and cream. [P.S: I’ll 100% recommend chocolate:)
Lip-smacking cinnamon infused Pancakes
- 213g Plain Flour
- 32g. Confectionery Sugar
- ¼tsp. Baking soda
- 1tbsp. Baking powder
- ½tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 100g. Caster Sugar
- Chocolate Sauce
Let’s get started:-
- Add the dry ingredients – flour, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix everything together.
- Whisk the milk, butter, vanilla and eggs together in another bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until ingredients are just incorporated and batter is thick (its okay if there are some lumps).
- More the batter in a measuring jug (this makes it easier to pour into the frying pan
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Whilst leaving the batter to rest, mix the remaining 1½tsp cinnamon with caster sugar.
- Place a frying pan (preferably non-stick) over medium heat; Brush the pan generously with butter
- Pour Pancake batter into the pan, moving your hand back and forth so it is evenly distributed on the frying pan
- Cook pancakes until golden and flip the pancakes and cook until the batter is cooked through, about 30 seconds more.
- Toss the pancakes into the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Serve warm with Chocolate Sauce or your desired topping