- 175g. Butter ( room temperature)
- 175g. Self-raising flour
- 175g. Caster sugar
- ½tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
Let’s get started
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cupcake.
- Add flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, add vanilla syrup; cream butter and sugar until it is smooth (using a hand or electric mixer).
- Gradually add the eggs until everything is fully incorporated (make sure you are scraping down the sides of the bowl to avoid waste)
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool (this should take 1hr).
Click Here for the Lemon Curd recipe
- Use a cake corer to make holes in the each cupcake like the picture below.
- Pour half of the lemon curd into a disposable icing bag and fill the cupcakes with the curd
Click Here for the buttercream recipe (Substitute vanilla with 1tsp. of Lemon juice)
Finish off the cake by decorating the cake with the lemon butter cream