Happy New Year!!! I hope 2018 has been good to you so far 🙂
Apologies for the mini hiatus, I have been spending the first 10 days of 2018 redesigning and planning for the blog. As always, leave a comment if you’d like to feature a particular recipe and don’t forget to subscribe.
Since my oven is yet to be fixed, I thought it was a good time to share this recipe I made last year.
This recipe (inspired by Recipe Critic website). It was so popular with my work colleagues, I had to make a bigger batch to prevent everyone happy.
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Simple and scrumptiously delicious cupcakes you can't stop eating.
- 240g. Caster sugar
- 384g. Plain flour
- 230g. Butter (room temperature)
- 2tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½tsp. Salt
- 236.6ml. Buttermilk
- 12tbsp. Butter (melted)
- 130g. Brown sugar
- 2 can. Canned pineapple (1 small one & 1 large one)
- 24 Maraschino cherries
Let’s get started:-
- Start my preheating the oven to 177ºc and prep two 12-count cupcake tin.
- Drain the water from the can (set aside) and cut the pineapple in a triangular-block shape.
- Divide melted butter into the cupcake tins and sprinkle each well with brown sugar (1 tbsp each).
- Lay 4 pineapple chunks into individual cupcake section (leaving a space in the middle)
- Place 1 cherry into the middle of the individual cupcake section (note: each cherry should be surrounded by 4 pineapple chunks)
Set aside and start working on the cupcake batter
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till it is fluffy (using a whisk /hand mixer).
- Add eggs, beating one at a time until combined
- Add vanilla extract and pineapple juice extracted previously; beat the mixture until it is well combined
- At this point, you will need to fold in the buttermilk and flour with a spatula- alternating between the flour and buttermilk (start and end with flour).
- Divide the better evenly into the prepared cupcake
- Evenly divide the cupcake batter into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 -7 minutes
- Once lukewarm, place a wire cooling rack over the cupcake tin and turn over
- Once upside down, allow to cool for another 20mins.