It’s 9 days to Christmas and I am looking forward to breaking off work for the holidays. This chocolate cupcake recipe should see you through the cold winter nights. It is perfect with warm milk, hot chocolate or the good ol mulled wine
Holly Chocolate Cupcake
- 175g. Plain flour
- 175g. Caster sugar
- 113ml. Sunflower oil
- 3 Eggs
- 40g. Cocoa powder
- 1tsp. Vanilla syrup
- 75g. Milk Chocolate
- ½tsp. Baking soda
- ¾tsp Baking powder
- ¼tsp. Salt
- ½ Buttermilk
- Ready to Roll Icing (Green, Red and White)
- Round cookie cutter
- Holly icing cutter
- Preheat the oven to 165ºC, 10 mins before placing the cupcakes in the oven.
- Add and mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into another bowl and gradually pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Use a spatula to mix everything together and pour the mixture into 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24 mins
- Allow the cake to cool down for 20mins before decorating
If you do not wish to decorate, the cake is ready to eat:)
Decorating: I’ll post a step by step guide soon 🙂