This recipe is beginner certified – it is extremely easy and you don’t need to have any baking equipment to attempt this.
I have been thinking about making healthy dessert recipes to accomodate readers who would prefer something healthier i.e. yummy desserts with lower calories.
Vegetable oil was replaced with Coconut oil. Here are some health benefits of some of the ingredients:
Coconut oil – improves immunity, boost digestion and reduces inflammation
Ginger – Aids digestion, reduces inflammation and relieves cold and flu
Cinnamon – Anti-inflammatory properties, protects heart health and lowers blood sugar levels.
- 175g. Plain Flour
- 150g. Rolled Oats
- 1tsp. Ground ginger
- 1tsp. Nutmeg
- 1tsp. Cinnamon
- ½tsp. Baking powder
- ½tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
- 125g. Demerara sugar
- 50g. Raisins
- 1 Egg
- 150ml. Coconut oil
- 4tbsp. Milk
Let’s get started:-
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and prepare a baking sheet
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, oats, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, sugar and raisins) and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, oil and milk together. Pour into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix everything together to make a dough
- Place spoonfuls of the dough (use a tablespoon) unto a prepared baking sheet; use the same spoon to flatten the tops and bake in the preheated oven for 12mins.
- Remove from the oven, allow it cool down for 5 mins and it is ready.
Let me know if you would be trying this recipe. I’d love to know what you think.