We can officially start hinking about the holidays and Christmas (45 more days). I know it may be too early for some people but eh, its my favourite time of the year so bear with me
If you follow me on Instagram story, you’ll notice that I conducted a survey asking for what content people would like to see on the blog. 83% of you guys voted for biscuits and cookies. Hence, I’ll be spending the next couple of weeks with simple cookies/biscuits recipes (#mobakesimplebiscuits) starting off with an Hazelnut recipe.
- 232g. Plain/All purpose flour
- 32g. Sugar
- 64g. Hazelnut
- 113g. Butter
- ½tsp. Bicarbonate soda
- 2tsp. Vanilla syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 3tbsp. Nutella
Let’s get started:-
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and toast hazelnuts in a baking pan for 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool (set the oven back to to 177ºC )
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy. Add vanilla, egg, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour as the mixer is in medium speed (you will notice that the dough is beginning to form gradually). At this point, I will change from a whisk attachment to a dough attachment to make things easier.
- Add the toasted hazelnuts and put the mixer on high speed to fully incorporate everything into the dough.
- Divide dough in half, then roll dough (11 inch long) on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Use a round cookie cutter to get the biscuit shape and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12mins (or until it is golden).
- Place the biscuits on a cool rack for 5mins
- Smother the biscuit with hazelnut and it is ready to be consumed.